Warning: Exploring this aspect of the So I'm a Spider, So What? Wiki contains heavy spoilers.
Shiraori has the appearance of a young albino girl with ghost-white skin and long silver-white hair. She keeps her extraordinarily long, flowing, straight hair loose on the top of her head but from her neck down she styles it in an extremely large braid.
Her eyes are unique, shining a bright ruby-red. Inside her two human eyes are four small arachnid pupils, which makes it look like she has five eyes on each side. Her clothes, created from her dimensional thread, consisting of a one-piece dress with wide-open sleeves and a large hood.
|“||No matter what anyone says, I won't accept any ending that doesn't leave the Demon Lord smiling.||”|
— Shiraori, internal thoughts,
Shiraori is an introvert due to her having little to no experience dealing with people due to her early life of seclusion in the Great Elroe Labyrinth. She can read people's thoughts and intentions well and responds to their speech in her head, but often fails to communicate these thoughts with words. She has slight mannerisms that people close to her catch on eventually, but she does her utmost to avoid interacting with others whenever possible.
The only time her speech is clear is when she is in shock or drunk. Most other times, she speaks in broken phrases that are just enough to get her message across. It is also important to note that she cannot hold her liquor and blacks out almost instantly. During this time she behaves in outrageous ways, and her extraordinary power makes it impossible to contain any situation she may find herself in.
It takes a while, but Shiraori eventually warms up enough to Ariel to be able to speak to her like a normal person. This occurs after she has a "change of heart" and decides to fully commit herself to help the Demon Lord with her goals. This is not the case with others, though; she still ends up relying on her mannerisms or others that are close to her such as Ariel, Sophia, Merazophis, or Wrath to relay her thoughts and goals.
Although she rarely speaks, she likes to write. Since realizing that verbal communication is too difficult, she prefers to communicate with others through writing instead. She ends up writing several books worth of information about the System, her plans, and the state of the world.
Shiraori made her debut during a meeting between the Demon Lord, Ariel, and the commander of the Demon Army. She is immediately presented as a mysterious individual, only speaking the bare minimum required regarding the status of her 10th army. Not even the Demon Lord's aide, Balto, knew her true identity, though he believed her to be a Ruler.
Her next appearance is after the conclusion of The Great Human-Demon War, when Ariel pics up the scarf that belonged to the previous Hero, Julius, who was slain during the war. The Demon Lord then jokingly decides to have the scarf send to Julius' younger brother, Schlain, though Shiraori just remained silent at the Demon Lord's remarks. During Hyrince's recollection of the war to Schlain, who had inherited the Hero title, he reveals that it was Shiraori who slew Julius. He described her as a pure-white girl who leisurely walked onto the battlefield and instantly obliterated Julius along with entire party using a Rot attack.
Following The Fall of Analeit, after Schlain managed to save his and Katia's families and flee, it is revealed that Shiraori and Ariel were watching the whole ordeal. Ariel's words also revealed that Shiraori was the one who masterminded the incident. While the Demon Lord had some criticisms, she stated that she trusted her to handle the situation. She later attended the meeting between the surviving commanders, once again only speaking the bare minimum regarding the status of the 10th army, and then went with Ariel after she announced that she will be taking the 4th, 8th, and 10th armies to attack the Elf Village.
On their way to the Elf Village by riding an Arch Taratect, Shiraori showed her first signs of emotions as Ariel noticed that she was worried about the Reincarnations about to be caught in the crossfire and tells her not to worry. Meanwhile, Schlain and his party were also heading toward the Elf Village to aid the Elves in the upcoming battle. During this time, Schlain had a dream about Shiraori that he interpreted as the spirit of Julius trying to tell him something.
Shiraori's true identity is finally revealed at the climax of the Elf Village Battle.
Shiraori's original form is that of Kumoko, a spider monster from the Great Elroe Labyrinth. Kumoko becomes Shiraori when she eats a GMA Bomb at the core of the G-Fleet in a panic because it was going to explode, thinking maybe she could digest and absorb it in a similar fashion to Ariel's Ruler Skill, Gluttony. The GMA Bomb was being used as a generator to power the G-Fleet and its army of G-Tris and G-Tetras. These autonomous robots utilize MA Energy as a power source. This technology was what led to the past destruction of the world and the necessity of the System, so a massive battle involving all the major players in the world ensued to make sure the G-Fleet and its army were put down for good, with Shiraori and Ariel being centerpieces in stopping it, which resulted in Kumoko swallowing the GMA bomb. After absorbing the MA Energy from the GMA Bomb when it explodes inside her stomach, Kumoko reaches Divinity Expansion Level 10 and undergoes deification, transcends the System, and is reborn as Shiraori after 47 days.
When she awakens, she comes face to face with Güliedistodiez, Ariel, Sophia, Merazophis, and the Puppet Taratect Sisters. Güliedistodiez quickly realizes what has happened and explains to her that she has successfully become a god and escaped the confines of the System, but due to the unusual way she entered deification by using the system she has been left weakened due to being unable to use her energy via skills. Shiraori is effectively a normal human with none of the previous enhancements she had as a monster inside the System. Ariel decides to protect Shiraori until she learns to utilize the tremendous energy she now possesses.
Now completely helpless and reliant on the rest of the group for her needs, Shiraori laments her uselessness as they travel through the Renxandt Empire into the Mystic Mountains to get to the Demon Realm. She has little stamina and can barely even walk because she was so used to walking on eight legs. This helplessness leaves her thoroughly depressed while the rest of the party protects her. Sael is specifically assigned as her bodyguard when the others need to leave Shiraori alone, and this almost leads to some serious issues due to how literal Sael takes her orders.
When they finally leave the Renxandt Empire and begin travelling through the Mystic Mountains, they come face to face with Wrath, who is currently berserk under the influence of the Wrath skill. They also accidentally kill an Anogratch; in the ensuing chaos caused by the swarm of monkeys Ariel and the rest get separated from Shiraori, Sael, and Sophia. Shiraori, Sophia, and Sael desperately fight Wrath and attempt to flee, but he opens up a giant crevice in the glacier they are standing on, causing Sophia and him to fall. In a panic, Shiraori summons thread from her fingertips to save Sophia from certain death, and in the process re-learns the first skill she ever used: thread-weaving. Elated, but at the same time scared, she saves Mera from falling into the crevice as well, while Sael gathers them all up and brings them to safety.
The rest of the journey through the Mystic Mountains is uneventful, and after a lot more suffering in the bumpy carriage, they finally get to relax a bit. Sort of.
Life in the Demon Realm
The Demon Realm is Ariel's domain, upon reaching Balto's - a trusted aide’s manor, Ariel quickly gets Shiraori, Sophia, Merazophis, and the puppet taratect sisters settled into Balto's manor and begins her duties as the Demon Lord.
Due to their time getting to know each other, witnessing the numerous times Ariel protected her - once even risking her own life. Shiraori decided to express her gratitude by assisting Ariel's plan to reignite the conflict between the human and demon factions.
She uses her new ability to create an army of mini spider clones to gather information across the domain, happens to stumble upon rebellious elements within the Demon Realm caused by Ariel's rapid militarism, passing the information to Ariel and Balto.
With tensions between humans and demons on the rise, combined with the lack of talented commanders due to the purge and an urgent need for military reorganization, Shiraori becomes one of Ariel's army commanders.
- The current Demon King. In the beginning, Shiraori had a rocky and antagonistic relationship with Ariel due to past grievances. After coming to an agreement and witnessing how Ariel continues to protect her - even in her severely weakened state after the GMA bomb incident. Their relationship greatly improved as they have officially buried the hatchet. Ariel is one of the few beings that Shiraori feels comfortable conversing despite her poor social skills. Due to Ariel's soul being fused with a part of Shiraori's, Ariel is quick to understand and communicate Shiraori's intentions to others.
- Sophia Keren
- A travel companion and a close acquaintance. Despite their complicated relationship, seemingly uncaring attitude, and inhumane treatment towards Sophia from an outsider perspective. Shiraori greatly cares for Sophia
- One of Shiraori's travel companions and a pupil. She was indirectly responsible for Wrath regaining his consciousness. Shiraori also feels somewhat responsible for Wrath, helping him to get acclimatize and teaching him the ways of the new world. Despite Shiraori's communication issues, Wrath is one of the few characters in the series that can interpret what she is trying to convert to others. They currently have a working relationship with one another.
- Because Ms. Oka prevented the other reincarnations from harming her in their previous lives, Shiraori feels greatly indebted to her and strives to ensure her safety without her knowing. She even went as far as to punch D's head off in a fit of rage once she learned of the dangerous position she was reincarnated in.
- While Shiraori has a bad time remembering her classmates, she does faintly remember Hiiro Wakaba's would-be bully Mirei Shinohara.
- Shiraori has both indirectly protected Shun and caused him a lot of pain. While she secretly fought off some of the assassins sent after him during the Academy Arc, she also killed his brother, Julius, and overthrew his kingdom, as his father was a Potimas supporter. Overall, Shiraori pities Shun, seeing him as overly naive and not understanding the complex environment he has been reborn into.
- Though her spy network, Shiraori learned of the daughter of the noble Anabald household and suspected her to be a reincarnation. However, she was shocked upon discovering she was Kanata Ōshima, the boy who confessed to Wakaba Hiiro in their previous lives, having been gender-swapped.
- Because Natsume attempted to harm her in their previous lives, Shiraori holds a massive grudge against him. Upon finding him through her spy network, she nearly decided to kill him and only relented because it would make Ms. Oka sad. While she considered his egotistical attitude to be annoying, she did not believe it was her place to reprimand him. When he vowed vengeance after Ms. Oka stripped him of his skills, Shiraori concluded he would change and brainwashed him so she might at least use his destructiveness to her benefit. Overall, Shiraori used Hugo up and threw him away once she had no more use for him.
- Upon finding Yuri through her spy network, Shiraori realized that she barely even remembers her, as she never stood out in their previous lives. However, while spying on her throughout the Academy Arc, she was shocked to discover that she had become a Word of God fanatic and disturbed by the change in her attitude that it brought.
- Kunihiko & Asaka
- Shiraori is indirectly responsible for the destruction of Kunihiko and Asaka's village, having ordered Merazophis to destroy it so they would not cross paths with Ms. Oka and subsequently be abducted by the elves. Nevertheless, she did this to protect them and had arranged for the church to take them in.
- Shiraori learned of the second princess of the Analeit through her spy network and suspected she might be a reincarnation, though this is later proven wrong. Shiraori's first interaction with Sue was when she stopped her from killing Hugo in retaliation for attempting to assassinate Schlain, as she had her own plans for him. She proceeded to gain her loyalty by feeding her brother complex and yandere tendencies.
- Shiraori saw Julius as a severe threat to Ariel due to the danger his Hero title poses to her Demon King title and thus opted to eliminate him during The Great Human-Demon War. However, she felt no personal animosity toward him, killing him swiftly and painlessly.
- Shiraori has a complicated and a love-hate relationship with D. While she has expressed gratitude for her assistances both within and outside the system and even feels some attraction towards her, potentially due to her having been the one who gave her her name, she is also disgusted by her nonchalant treatment of the lives of the other reincarnations and the world's natives. D has openly expressed that she wants to keep Shiraori close to her due her amusement value, viewing her as "hers". However, Shiraori cannot accept this as she wants to live freely.
- (Spoilers for Light Novel Volume 9)It was later revealed D was the indirect creator of her being, having infused her some of her memories as Wakaba Hiiro on to a classroom spider to distract her fellow gods and avoid her duties. Shiraori was initially angry that the whole purpose of her existence was just to allow D to slack off, but was silenced when her creator stated that, unlike herself, she is at least free.
- Ultimately, Shiraori got revenge on D, when she punched off her head and forced her to revive herself using her powers, which led to her being discovered by Meido and dragged back to work.
Abilities & Equipment
White's Scythe: A weapon built from one of Shiraori's front scythe-like limbs when she was an Arachne, this weapon has been modified by D with automatic growth properties and within the confines of the System it is indestructible. It can cut through anti-magic, constructs and emits an eerie aura of darkness. A piece of Shiraori's soul is inside it.
- Automatic Repair
- Rot Attribute
- Dark Attribute
Having transcended the System as a god, Shiraori is now incapable of using any of her former Skills. None-the-less she can replicate certain effects through conjuring. For example, she can create a mirror from the earth using magecraft that is like an extension of terrain magic or create bullets of darkness.  Shiraori explains that she only knows how to perform Darkness Magic, Space Magic, Healing Magic, and Heresy Magic without system assistance.  Even though Shiraori states that Heresy Magic can still be used, Ariel specifies that Shiraori can not use the heresy attribute Soul Break anymore. 
- Physical Strength beyond the System: As a god, Shiraori's stats are above the System's limit. Even a right straight delivered by Shiraori can penetrate Ariel's Physical Nullification and give her a bleeding nose.
- Fluoroscopy: An ability that allows Shiraori to see with closed eyes. It also grants her vision in 360 degrees, through and around walls, and more. She has no blind-spots.
- Transformation: Shiraori can freely switch between a human form and her previous Arachne form with just a thought.
- Thread Manipulation: Due to her spider heritage, Shiraori can produce and manipulate spider threads. Her threads are so durable that even Ariel, with her nearly maxed strength, cannot break them with brute force. Their only vulnerability was to fire magic - and even then only high-ranking fire magic. However, with time, she overcame even this weakness; See: Dimensional Magecraft.
- Immortality & Regeneration: As a god Shiraori is immortal. She will never die of old age. Destroying her body is meaningless because the true form of a god is its soul, even destroying the head will only cause her to momentarily lose the ability to think. In this sense, their bodies are simply vessels for their souls. There are only two ways to kill a god. The first is to wear them down until they lack the energy for regeneration. The second is to use magecraft to directly destroy their soul. Even if one has soul-destroying magecraft this isn't easy; according to Ariel it would require hundreds of users of Soul Break to affect Güliedistodiez.
- Barriers: Shiraori can create magical and physical barriers around herself and others.
- Foresight: Even after becoming a god, Shiraori is still able to use this skill. It strengthens the user’s predictive abilities. Furthermore, it allows the user to see the possible outcomes of the immediate future.
- Evil Eyes: Shiraori developed new versions of her Evil Eye Skills after becoming a god. Due to her having multiple pupils within her eyes thanks to her spider heritage, she can use all of them at once and due to her vision-enhancing Skills she can effectively use them in any direction thanks to Fluoroscopy.
- Evil Eye of Analysis: An Evil Eye which analyzes the energy of an opponent's soul, giving a rough estimate of their strength.
- Evil Eye of Grudge: Shiraori has developed a Magecraft version of this Evil Eye. It continually weakens all of the recipient’s stats while damaging their HP, MP, and SP, it also adds the drained HP, Mana and SP to herself.
- Evil Eye of Panic: Strikes Fear into the enemies in her view. The only people that were proven to be able to resist this are Güllie and Ariel, so it even works against high-grade fear resistance. By reversing the effects of the Evil Eye of Panic. Shiraori can grant the target serenity instead of fear.
- Evil Eye of Static: Paralyzes the opponent making them completely unable to move. The skill doesn't only paralyze the body but also shuts down the mind making the opponent unable to remember what happened while paralyzed. Shiraori once described it as "King Crimson! Not quite the same though".
- Evil Eye of Attraction and Repulsion: An Evil Eye that automatically repels and eliminates any attack in her field of view.
- Evil Eye of Extinction: A Rot Attribute Evil Eye, that instantly disintegrates the target.
- Evil Eye of Gluttony: An Evil Eye inspired by the Gluttony ruler skill. Using this Shiraori can decompose and absorb the energy of any magic within her field of view. This way she can even decompose and absorb the power of Anti-Magic Fields.
- Evil Eye of Past Sight: An Evil Eye that lets Shiraori see the past; noted to be comparable to detective vision.
- Hacking the System: Shiraori can hack the System through clones sent to Sariel. Of course, she could do it herself as well, but she has better things to do. By interfering with the System she can change various things. For example, she attempted to eradicate the Hero title this way. Shiraori wants to eventually reach the point of being able to destroy the System.
- Soul Shelter: Shiraori has control over the System's Soul Shelter, which allows her to temporarily remove souls from the cycle of reincarnation. Resulting in protection in case of System collapse.
- Regenerating the Soul: Shiraori demonstrated being able to heal a soul that is about to be destroyed. This requires System access.
- Message Overview: While she can no longer receive messages from the system due to no longer being a user, she can directly search and review the logs
- Resurrecting the Dead: Shiraori can resurrect the dead. However, this is only possible in a world within the System.
- Dimensional Magecraft: Shiraori specializes in dimensional magecraft, and its many capabilities. She can use an enhanced version of teleport that allows her to teleport anywhere she wants, even to other worlds. Furthermore, she can sense and interfere with the teleportation of others to make them teleport to unintended areas. Shiraori can create vast pocket dimensions and can manipulate the flow of time within them to a certain degree. She can teleport entire armies and uses this at times to teleport opponents into her pocket dimensions. Touching is not required for teleportation. To aim the dimensional magecraft one can either aim at a certain place, like normal, or also just designate the person one wishes to affect, in which case knowledge of the location of the target is unnecessary.
- Threads: Shiraori's spider threads are laced with space. More specifically every thread is at the same time a pocket dimension of its own, making them practically indestructible unless one can destroy space itself.
- Dimensional Fissures: Shiraori can create dimensional fissures. She uses them to defend against attacks by opening up a portal into a different dimension and then redirecting the attack with a second portal. She also hides her clones in pocket dimensions, opening up portals in a web-like pattern to attack with her custom Evil Eyes.
- Division: Shiraori's aptitude for splitting her consciousness into multiple bodies emerges as one of her most subtle, yet powerful, Skills in the form of division. By creating innumerable tiny spider clones implanted with her consciousness, she has nearly super-computer levels of multi-tasking ability. Shiraori uses this immense ability to partition her effort into researching new abilities and hacking the System, as well as gathering information by sending out her spider-clones to track key individuals and locations throughout the world. It is, in fact, this massive information network that she has created that is one of the most instrumental assets in her arsenal. She currently has over ten thousand clones all over the world and in various pocket dimensions. Should her main body die she can simply transfer her soul into one of the clones, making them all extra lives. Her clones generally have the same skills as herself, though their base abilities are reduced.
- Mind Control: Shiraori can mind control people by having a small clone crawl into their ear and connect to their brain.
- Exponential Spider Summoning: Shiraori can summon a great number of clones from her shadow. Each clone can then summon even more clones, resulting in an exponential number of spiders appearing.
- Magic Manipulation: Shiraori can manipulate magic around her. She can manipulate the magic power in other people to make them activate Skills they don't have. Additionally, she can interfere with the magic construction of others to completely negate a spell.
- Recognition Obstruction: Shiraori makes it so that people do not recognize her, instead remembering the color white. This works by planting the concept of white directly in the consciousness of the people around her.
- Telepathy: Shiraori can use telepathy, and eavesdrop on other people's telepathic communication.
- Absorbing External Energy: Shiraori has a talent for absorbing external energies, being easily able to drain any power source she comes across.
- Hologram Creation: Shiraori can create Holograms to illustrate what she is explaining.
- Boundary Field: A realm created by a god, that is sort of like being inside the god. Güliedistodiez demonstrated that a god can even change the laws of physics inside its zone. Being inside a god's zone is advantageous for the god and disadvantageous for everyone else. The zone will dull the movements of opponents and nobody except the owner can properly use their power within it, although some internal magecraft such as healing and setting up barriers over the skin is possible. Shiraori not only has such a zone, but she can also use space magic to turn a space into her zone and in turn, cancel out the zone of others. This requires her to summon a massive number of clones into her opponent's zone.
- Body Transmognification: Shiraori has been shown to have the ability to transform her hand into a blade
- The two characters that make up her name are 白 (Shiro), which means white, and 織 (ori), which means weaving.
- Caffeinated coffee will completely knock Shiraori out for hours. It's her archenemy. To be clear, it's not as if you can't drink coffee, as she can drink coffee without caffeine and nothing happens. Likewise, she can drink caffeinated tea without a problem. Only caffeinated coffee will have this effect.
- After becoming the 10th army general Shiro trains the army to 1000 in each ability score, causing the opposing humans to think they are an elite demon force despite Shiro thinking that they are weak.
- According to D, Shiraori has the third largest chest size amongst the Reincarnations, surpassed only by Sophia at #1 and Karnatia at #2.
- Shiraori herself is bothered by Sophia being bigger than her and even considered cutting them off.
- Accidentaly cursed Sophia to refer to her as "Master" using a set of cards D left behind.
|Reincarnations||Kumoko • Shun • Katia • Fei • Filimøs • Yuri • Hugo • Sajin • Ogi • Kunihiko • Asaka • Sophia • Wrath|
|Natives||Ariel • Meiges • Julius • Cylis • Ronandt • Sue • Potimas • Merazophis • Ael • Sael • Riel • Fiel • Hyrince • Yaana • Jeskan • Hawkin • Aurel • Dustin • Balto • Bloe • Agner • Felmina • Anna • Klevea • Wald • Sanatoria • Kogou • Huey • Darad • Buirimus • Goyef • Basgath|
|Gods||Güliedistodiez • Shiraori • Sariel • D • Meido|