Julius Zagan Analeit was the second prince of the Kingdom of Analeit and the previous Hero, until he was killed by a mysterious white girl during the The Great Human-Demon War, after that his younger brother, Schlain, inherited the title.
Julius is characterised by his dark blue hair, and blue eyes. His often seen wearing a light suit of armour and his signature white muffler scarf that was made by his late mother from a high quality spider thread which was shortly knitted just before Schlain was born.
The second prince of the Analeit Kingdom, he received the title of Hero at a very young age. Older brother to Shun, a reincarnation. His mother died giving birth to Shun, whom the kindhearted Julius strives to protect as his family and as his mother's parting gift.
Though he is still young, he constantly tries to act based on what he feels he should do as a hero, a prince, and an older brother. Because of his kindness and strong sense of duty, he comes to doubt whether what he did in the battle between Sariella and Ohts was right. As a result, he becomes determined to act based on what he believes is right, not just what others want him to do.
|“||Nice to meet you. I’m your big brother Julius. I might not look it, but I’m the hero.||”|
— Julius to Shun
Julius was afraid of spiders due to an event that occurred when he was younger. He is motivated by his younger brother Schlain, who highly respects him.
He is seen as someone who is very level headed, thoughtful and well-liked by his peers. Despite being the hero, Julius often display a very humble demeanour to others and never abuse his title. Even in battle, he treat his enemies with respect, this was seen when he tried to negotiate with the defeated demon general, Bloe, to surrender and retreat his forces.
Julius had a bad habit of being unable to abandoned those in need, often placing both himself and his teammates in harm's way. While he was aware of the his habit, he simply found himself unable to not give help to those who needed it even if it meant being taken advantage of.
Despite being described as a "pure" individual, Julius did have a slightly perverted side to him, however. In particular, he couldn't help but take notice of women with large chests. Julius himself saw it as "his weakness" and felt embarrassed about it.
Julius is the second prince of the Kingdom of Analeit, born to the king's third princess consort. Growing up, he had always admired the legends of previous Heroes and wanted to be one of them, though he never actually suspected it to happen. However, he ended up being granted the Hero title and at a very young age at that. While Julius was nervous at now having to bear such a responsibility, his mother assured him that he "just [needed] to be [himself]". Unfortunately, Julius' mother died shortly afterward after giving birth of his younger brother, Schlain, her only momento being a scarf made of Spiders silk that he would always wear henceforth.
After becoming the Hero, Julius became affiliated with pontiff Dustin of the Word of God religion. When he was 8 years old, the pontiff recommended the boy join the alliance of Alleius, Renxandt, and Ohts in their war against Sariella, arguing it would allow him to gain battle experience. Not doubting the words of his elder, Julius accepted the offer. In reality, though, the pontiff was using the Hero to increase morale among the alliance.
Despite predictions of an easy victory, the tide of battle turned in Sariella's favor when the monster known as the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" interfered and wiped out a large portion of the alliance. The situation then descended into chaos as the Demon King appeared and fought the Nightmare, resulting in mass casualties on both sides. This caused Julius to see death for the first time and prompted him to confront the Nightmare. However, he was too scared to do anything. Still, this caused a momentary break in the fighting that gave both the alliance and the Demon King an opening to each cast a large spell at the Nightmare, seemingly killing it. Just before the spells hit, though, Julius was dragged out of the effect radius by the alliance's commander, Tiva. Following the battle, the alliance soldiers believed Julius defeated the Nightmare and showered him with praise, though the young boy was painfully aware that he did not do anything.
With the Nightmare's defeat, the remainder of Sariella's army was routed and the alliance took the County of Keren. Upon witnessing the war-torn town, however, Julius became aware of what his side was actually doing. Even worse, the inhabitants blamed him for them being occupied and the death of the Nightmare, which they worshipped as a Divine Beast. Realizing he had sullied the reputation of the Hero, Julius did nothing as the people vented their anger on him. On one occasion, a retainer from the alliance named Aurel came to his aid, but he told her she need not interfere. To regain the people's trust, Julius began hunting local monsters to help the town. He had also become disillusioned with the war and refused to continue marching with the alliance in favor of staying in the town to help rebuild.
When Keren County was suddenly attacked by a spider army, Julius ignored orders to flee and engaged the horde. However, he was overpowered by one and about to be killed when he was saved by the Imperial Court Mage, Ronandt, who assured him to leave the rest of him. Julius then lost consciousness and by the time he woke Ronandt had defeated the spiders. Learning that Aurel was Ronanth's retainer, he requested she bring him to him. During their meeting, Julius requested Ronandt to make him his disciple, now understanding that he needs to get stronger, which the mage accepted.
Unfortunately, Julius' time as Ronandt's student did not last long, as the old mage's training methods proved too dangerous. During one session, Julius was at death's door after being attacked with magic to build up his resistances. Luckily, though, Aurel managed to heal him. Since Julius is the Hero and a prince of Analeit, a formal complaint was made and the two were seperated. Still, Julius learned a lot of Ronandt and continued to call upon his teachings afterwards.
Growth and Conviction
Six years after the War in Sariella, Julius was requested by Pope Dustin LXI to lead a group of elite warriors from around the world to investigate and dismantle a human-trafficking organization. Julius was 12 at the time, but was still skeptical of Pope Dustin's motives due to how Dustin manipulated him during the conflict in Sariella, but his friend Hyrince convinced him that there was nothing wrong with this request. Hyrince also joined Julius as his attendant at this time, and Pope Dustin assigned Yaana to be the Saintess for Julius. Tiva was also signed on as the vice-deputy commander of the operation.
Due to Julius's youth, the other members of the operation attempted to shelter, protect, and dismiss him from operations, but Julius's powerful convictions and surprising wisdom won Tiva's loyalty, and in a domino effect, the other commanders eventually fall in line due to Tiva's support of Julius's quality as a Hero. The operation continues for a few years, during which Julius also meets Jeskan and Hawkin, who eventually become permanent members of his party after joining the operation. Although they are largely successful in dismantling the human-traffickers, they are never able to figure out exactly who is behind hiring the brigands to kidnap the children, nor are they able to recover many of the kidnapped children.
One day, Schlain is informed by the Divine voice that he had inherited the Hero title. Since there can only be one Hero at a time, Schlain instantly knew that this meant that Julius had died. His death was later confirmed by Hyrince, revealing that he was killed by a mysterious white girl during The Great Human-Demon War.
Julius' death is detailed in Kumoko's point-of-view. When the Human-Demon War broke out, he defended a fort against the Seventh Demon Army. The Demon Commander, Bloe, challenged him to a one-versus-one duel, which the Hero accepted. Julius ended up easily overwhelming Bloe and even gave him multiple chances to surrender, which he stubornly refused. Ultimately, Julius killed Bloe and, believing he was their strongest fighter, demanded the remaining demons surrender. However, the white girl then stepped forward and Julius instantly recognized her as being the same Divine Beast he fought in The War in Sariella years prior. The girl then instantly killed Julius along with his entire party, except Hyrince, using a Rot attack.
To prevent civil unrest, the human nations kept Julius' death a secret until Schlein was ready to be publicly unveiled as the new Hero. However, this would never happen, as Hugo used his Lust skill to brainwash the higher-ups of the Word of God Religion and falsely declare himself the Hero instead.
His death would also have a profound effect on his younger brother and successor, Schlein. Who himself would try to emulate Julius and base his actions on how he thinks Julius would do in that situation he was in. A thought pattern that would place himself and his companions in danger repeatedly due to him also copying Julius's tendency of always trying to help others regardless of the situation or who he was facing.
- Unnamed Mother
- Since he was young, Julius has had a very close relationship with his mother. She always supported him and was ultimately the one who calmed him after he became the Hero, assuring he "just [needed] to be himself". Unfortunately, she passed away after giving birth to Shun, which left Julius heartbroken. Before she died, though, she skinned him a scarf that he constantly wore until his death and he would regularly touch when feeling nervous.
- Despite the limited time together due to Julius's busy schedule and Meiges's workload of being the monarch, they are observed to be on close terms. Julius has shared his thoughts and the remarkable potential of both Shun and Sue with his father, believing one day Shun will overtake him in combat ability.
- Schlain "Shun" Zagan Analeit
- In spite of his busy schedule as the Hero of the world, Julius would try to make time for Shun, trying to catch up and also conduct friendly sparring session with him. Shun is one of the few family members he is close with due to his schedule and nature of being a royal. He strongly admires Shun and believes one day Shun would suppress him in terms of combat ability.
- Ronandt Orozoi
- After the war in Sariella, he was made into Ronandt's apprentice. Despite Ronandt's harsh training methods, Julius was still display a respectable attitude towards him years later.
- Saint of Word of God in his party. While he is aware of Yaana's feelings towards him, he avoids reciprocating her feelings knowing the life of a hero is never stable. However, when she sacrificed herself to save him from a Queen Taratect during The Great Human-Demon War, he flew into a rage and later avenged her by slaying the beast.
- Julius' best friend and the shield bearer in his party. Though close companions who ofen joke around, they also disagree at times, especially regarding Julius' bad habit of placing himself in harm's way for the sake of others.
- A former adventurer and a member of his party. Julius looks up to Jeskan as an elder and often relies on his wisdom.
- A honorable rogue and a member of his party. However, they did not interact much, with Hawkin joining the party seemingly only for his master, Jeskan.
- Pontiff Dustin LXI
- A begrudging ally; they are associates as the Word of God has always backed the Hero. However, Julius grew to dislike Dustin after he tricked him into participating in The War in Sariella. Despite this, though, the Hero and Pontiff often cooperated due to their mutual desire to protect humanity. While Julius still did not agree with Dustin's extreme methods, he ultimately lacked a means of opposing him.
- Potimas Harrifenas
- An associate of his father and brother; for reasons even he himself does not understand, Julius has always disliked Potimus and been wary of him.
- Julius dueled Bloe during The Great Human-Demon War. Surprised at how he did not fit the image of an evil Demon, he questioned why they were attacking and, upon learning that the Demon Lord forced them to, attempted to forge an alliance. However, after the Demon Lord responced by attacking them with a Queen Taratect, Bloe lost his spirit and restarted their duel, forcing Julius to kill him.
- Demon Lord
- Julius crossed paths with Ariel during the War in Sariella, when he interfered in her fight with the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth". However, he was too focussed on the Nightmare to notice her, nor was he aware she was the Demon Lord. After learning that some demons were fleeing their lands to escape her horrible policies, he came to view her as a tyrant. Julius' dislike toward the Demon Lord finally turned to hatred when, during the Great Human-Demon War, she attacked the fortress he was stationed at with a Queen Taratect, which resulted in the death of Yaana, causing him to vow to kill her with the Hero Sword.
- Nightmare of the Labyrinth
- Julius encountered the monster known as the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" during the War in Sariella. As it was causing mass casualties, the Hero confronted the beast but found himself too scared of it to do anything. While initially seeing the Nightmare as evil, Julius' opinion changed after realizing it was only defending it's home, causing him to question who of them was the real monster. Years later, Julius was killed by a mysterious white girl whom he recognized as the Nightmare in his final moment.
Powers & Abilities
Being the Hero, Julius possessed abilities on-par, if not superior to those of Reincarnations. Overall, he was an all-rounder, specializing in magic but boasting above-average swordplay as well. However, while proclaimed as humanity's strongest, both Dustin and Ronandt noted that he would never be able to reach the level of beings that transcend humans, like the Demon Lord and the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth".
- Sword: An ordinary magic sword Julius wields in normal combat.
- Hero Sword: A one-time-use weapon crafted by D herself that possesses enough power to kill even a god and can only be wielded by the Hero. It was stored inside a hidden chamber within Analeit Castle and guarded by Light Dragon Byaku, until Julius retrieved it after being tipped-off about it by Potimas.
- Exploding Sword: A one-time-use weapon with a self-destruct effect gifted to Julius by Ronandt, who apparently retrieved it following a battle with a certain Ogre. It was powerful enough to kill even a Queen Taratect by detonating it after stabbing it into the monster's weak point: the eyes.
Titles & Skills
- Physical Stats: Despite being stated to specialize in magic, he also possessed great physical stats.
- Swordmanship: While his true talents lay with magic, he was also a prodigy with the sword, never losing a mock duel with Hyrince even once, though he claims this to mostly come from his superior stats.
- Battle Divinity: A skill that increases one's motor functions and reflexes; often viewed as essential for combat.
- Light Magic: Gained with the Hero Title; allows him to summon and manipulate light that can burn, pierce, and even vaporize targets.
- Light Field: An AOE spell that that burns everything in it's radius.
- Holy Light Beam: A spell that fires a ray of light that can pierce or even vaporize it's target. A direct hit could even kill a "Nightmare's Vestige".
- Magic Power Manipulation: An outside-system skill taught to him by Ronandt; by manipulating his magic power himself instead of relying on skills, he can strengthen his magic so even low-ranking spells can be just as powerful as high-ranked ones. However, doing so takes a lot of concentration.
|Volume 5-6: Spider vs Demon Lord vs Hero|
|Species Name||LV14||Skill Points: 0||Julius Zagan Analeit|
|Average Offense Ability :||469|
|Average Defense Ability :||465|
|Average Magic Ability :||488|
|Average Resistance Ability :||471|
|Average Speed Ability :||435|
|Magic Power Perception LV10 • Precise Magic Power Operation LV1 • Magic Warfare LV9 • Magic Power Conferment LV8 • Magic Power Super-Attack LV1 • MP Rapid Recovery LV1 • MP Minimized Consumption LV1 • Swordsmanship LV7 • Destruction Enhancement LV6 • Cutting Enhancement LV2 • Impact Enhancement LV1 • Mental Warfare LV4 • Energy Conferment LV2 • Concentration LV9 • Hit LV5 • Evasion LV5 • Light Magic LV10 • Holy Light Magic LV1 • Vision Enhancement LV9 • Auditory Enhancement LV8 • Olfactory Enhancement LV6 • Taste Enhancement LV2 • Tactile Enhancement LV5 • Life LV9 • Magic Hoard LV2 • Instantaneous LV8 • Endurance LV8 • Strength LV9 • Solidity LV9 • Monk LV2 • Talisman LV1 • Running LV7 • Hero LV3|
|Reincarnations||Kumoko • Shun • Katia • Fei • Filimøs • Yuri • Hugo • Sajin • Ogi • Kunihiko • Asaka • Sophia • Wrath|
|Natives||Ariel • Meiges • Julius • Cylis • Ronandt • Sue • Potimas • Merazophis • Ael • Sael • Riel • Fiel • Hyrince • Yaana • Jeskan • Hawkin • Aurel • Dustin • Balto • Bloe • Agner • Felmina • Anna • Klevea • Wald • Sanatoria • Kogou • Huey • Darad • Buirimus • Goyef • Basgath|
|Gods||Güliedistodiez • Shiraori • Sariel • D • Meido|