Warning: Exploring this aspect of the So I'm a Spider, So What? Wiki contains heavy spoilers.
Filimøs “Oka” Harrifenas, previously Okazaki Kanami (岡崎香奈美), is the former homeroom teacher of the class that was reincarnated from Japan. She was reborn as the daughter of Potimas Harrifenas, the ruler of elves, and has been searching the world for her students using a unique skill that provides her with some data about reincarnations.
Okazaki Kanami was characterized by her petite figure and her twin ponytails. In the anime, she is often sported wearing a white frilly jacket, a below the knee-length maroon colored skirt and half frame glasses.
Filimøs, being a young elf, has a slim body with a child-like appearance. She has blond hair arranged as twin tails. Filimøs eyes are blue, giving her the complete appearance of a classic elf. When someone talks about her small body, Filimøs said that it is because hasn't entered her puberty yet and someday she's going to have a growth spurt without knowing that elves tend to have small and slender bodies.
Even before the reincarnation, Okazaki-sensei (Filimøs) was known for her weird manner of speech, the same she still uses after the reincarnation. Being a teacher was her childhood dream, and to achieve that she searched for things that were popular among the students (video games, manga, etc.) and created a likeable character for herself based on that. Filimøs deeply cares for her students, and even after reincarnation, she works hard to keep them safe. This is seen where she greatly lamented their safety in their new situation, this is seen where she was greatly distressed upon seeing their potential deaths using her bonus skill [Student Roster].
As seen in her inner thoughts, Oka has admitted to not being that strong of a person and was unable to completely abandon her previous life and start over anew in her new one. She kept insisting on her previous identity as a teacher and prioritized the safety of her students above all other factors. Furthermore, with the negative impacts of her unique skill's ability to see the potential deaths of her students, she took the responsibility for them and their wellbeing on herself. Unconsciously due to the above she thought that only she knows what is best for them regardless of their choices and free will. This is seen in her approach to have the elves collect the reincarnated students and forcibly confine them in the Elf Village, at too young age to do anything about it. Justifying that she is in the right and that it was better than leaving them to care for themselves in the hazards of the new world.
Later, as seen in the cases of Sophia and Wrath, Oka has also shown that she was unable to even attempt to understand their reasoning for refusing her offer of “protection”. Though it should be noted that she was being influenced by the Elves to make it harder for her to understand. As presented in the method used to “help” Hugo regain his “humanity”, Oka herself tends to acts on based on what she thinks is right without really trying to understand the situation. Which can be noted by her believing that removing his skills and stats would have a positive effect on his mind, despite knowing of his personality both before and after reincarnation.
Due to the elves having raised her, Oka also possess a level of ingrained antagonism towards the Administrators through her indoctrination since reincarnation. Albeit, due to her already having a fully developed mind and having doubts about the elves, Oka's own hostility is much smaller and she herself doubts the truthfulness of the elves beliefs.
However, due to her inability and refusal to understand the reasoning of Wrath and Sophia to assist the Administrators. Oka herself regards them with hostility, due to her likely unconscious desire to validate her actions as good and being in the right when she was working with the elves.
After the Elf Village Battle during the conference between reincarnates and learning the truth from Wakaba about Potimas and the Elves. She broke down in tears and started hyperventilating upon realization all her action were all for naught.
Before the mysterious explosion, Okazaki Kanami was the bubbly and kind Japanese homeroom teacher from Heishi High School. Well versed in pop culture and other media that might seem popular to the students she is teaching.
Filimøs was reincarnated on Elf Village as Potimas Harrifenas' daughter. One of her first actions was learning Telepathy to speak with her father and telling him everything — Potimas accepted to give her all the help she needed to find the students. After several years Filimøs went to the Kingdom of Analeit to meet with 3 students Shunsuke Yamada, Ooshima Kanata and Shinohara Mirei, and offers them the chance to go with her to the academy.
She was reincarnated as an elf because of a certain god thought it would be more fun.
- Due to being raised by the Elves and being ignorant of the true state of the world. Filimøs believes the Administrators who handle the System to be malignant god-like beings who see the people of the world as means to siphon more power for themselves. However, it seems evident that she herself does not completely believe this story due to her growing distrust toward the elves, even more so when she learned the truth from Wakaba.
- Ms. Oka has shown to greatly care for him on the same level as all the other students and has made efforts to help control his arrogant behavior. She's shown lamenting her inability to properly stop him from gradually going out of control. However, despite her good intentions, it is evident that Oka herself did not have a good understanding of Hugo as a person, thus despite her attempts at helping him, she nonetheless only ended up worsening Hugo's megalomania. Along with that, her attempts to get him to “regain” his humanity only ended up with him to developing a deep grudge and intense hatred for her. As seen during the Elf Village Battle, Oka herself has steeled herself at her perceived “duty” as his teacher to kill Hugo to end his tyranny. During their battle against each other, she was surprised and horrified by his actions to regain his strength after having initially stripped him of his skills and stats. With the most prominent events being his reveal of the Lust and Greed Skills, particularly of how he rebuilt and actually increased his initial power through excessive usage of the Greed Skill.
- Sophia Keren
- In their previous lives, Okazaki tried to help to Negishi when she refused to go to school out of fear of being bullied, but to no avail. Similarly, after reincarnating, Filimøs tried to “rescue” Sophia when she was “kidnapped” by Ariel, only for the latter to not recognize her and attack her. The two would not meet again until years later, while investigating the disappearance of several elves. Filimøs was shocked to discover that Sophia was the culprit and that she was apparently working for an administrator. Following this, Filimøs seems to have mostly given up on Sophia, though her tendency to continue to refer to her by her old name with the “-chan” suffix implies she still has some level of attachment to her.
- She tried to bring him to the elf's village multiple times, but ultimately failed, as Wrath himself knew the truth behind the elf's motive. Like Sophia, Filimøs was greatly tormented and confused by Wrath's actions due to her ignorance of the state of the world. Upon encountering him again in the Elf Village, Filimøs regarded him as an enemy.
- Wakaba Hiiro
- Wakaba was one of Ms. Oka's students during their first life. While Filimøs travelled the world in search for her formers students, she seemingly did not even try to look for Wakaba's reincarnation, since her Student Roster skill told her that she had already died.
- Because of this, when Wakaba confronted her and Shun's party at the climax of the Elf Village Battle, Ms. Oka discovered that she was still alive, which shocked her greatly. During the conference between reincarnates and learning the truth from Wakaba, she starts hyperventilating and has a full-blown nervous breakdown upon learning the truth regarding the elves. Thankfully, Wakaba manages to calm her down using her Evil Eyes, then afterwards tries to cheer her up.
- Schlain “Shun” Zagan Analeit
- Schlain is one of the Reincarnations and one of Oka's students. Like all her students, Filimøs greatly cares about him and tries to guide and help him as much as she can. Schlain in turn has shown to greatly care about her and generally gives her the benefit of the doubt regarding her vague explanations and words.
- Karnatia “Katia” Seri Anabald
- Like all Reincarnations, Filimøs cares for Karnatia and tries to protect her with the best of her abilities as her duty as their former teacher. Karnatia in turn has shown to be in a more or less amicable with her former teacher and refers to her in her previous name as “Oka” during their time in the Academy. However, as seen in their interactions regarding Filimøs's actions and secrets, Karnatia herself is shown to not trust Filimøs much. This is seen where unlike Schlain, who gives her the benefit of the doubt, Karnatia herself holds many suspicions regarding Oka, and questions her and her intentions internally.
- Elf Village Reincarnations
- Upon reincarnating and seeing the possible deaths of her former students using her unique skill, Oka immediately set out to her work to “save” her former students. She does that by working together with the Elves to bring them under protection in the elf village, successfully acquiring eleven of them. However, despite her good intentions to “protect” them, Oka herself in the end may have caused more harm than good due to the Elves using various, primarily murderous and illegal methods to obtain the reincarnations. Some examples being the implication and later confirmation that the Elves have personally killed the reincarnations' new families to abduct them, bought them as slaves by pressuring the parents to give them up and sometimes just kidnapping them as infants. Furthermore, to hide their tracks, the Elves also created a global child trafficking organization that is responsible for the large-scale child trafficking operations that spanned the entire world to camouflage their operation to obtain the reincarnated students. And unknowingly to Oka herself, she may have even caused the death of some due to the Elves having killed or attempted to kill a few of them due to their unique skills and abilities being a danger to Potimas. The ones that were successfully “saved” were brought to the Elf village, raised in total isolation, living under the constant watch of the elves, many of them ending up resenting and even outright hating her.
- Many of the reincarnations make a point of stating and showing their dissatisfaction for their situation and express their active distrust and anger of her whenever she visits them in their isolated village. Oka herself has stated that she feels guilty for having forced them into this situation. She ignores it by validating her actions of forcibly keeping them confined in the village against the possibility of their death while trying to fend for themselves in the New World.
- Sachi Kudo
- Due to the suspicious circumstances of the reincarnations brought to the Elf Village, Sachi herself personally disliked Oka despite her good intentions and considers herself and the other reincarnations victims of kidnapping. In their interactions, Sachi herself makes her hostility and dislike for her known, and Filimøs herself doesn't bother to defend herself due to Sachi being technically right to suspect the Elves of something malignant.
- Filimøs is respected by the other elves simply due to being a direct offspring of their patriarch. In turn, she is grateful to them for helping her secure her students. However, it is evident that Filimøs herself does not fully trust the elves due to their arrogant disposition towards other races. She also remains oblivious to the fact that they killed those they deemed to be too dangerous.
- During operations, the Elves see Filimøs as a leader, generally following her commands when they are assigned to her in teams and during the Empire's invasion of the Elf Village, Filimøs was shown to have led the defending forces. However, it has been shown that they only do so due to her status as Potimas's daughter and nothing more. As seen where many of the elves regard her with a level of hostility due to her differing thoughts from them and are only tolerating her due to her relationship with Potimas. After learning the truth about the elves, she regretted siding with them.
- Potimas Harrifenas
- As his daughter, Oka knows Potimas well enough to know that he wouldn't save the lives of the reincarnations out of kindness. She says that they never really had a familial relationship, and simply used each other. However, she remains ignorant to the true depths of his megalomania and was oblivious to him manipulating her. After learning the truth about him, she starts regretting being reincarnated as his daughter.
Powers & Abilities
As an elf, Filimøs displays a high aptitude towards magic. Using her knowledge of fantasy novels from her past life and her matured mentality from being an adult, she displayed a high competency and flexibility when using magic. Furthermore, due to her experience working with her fellow elves in infiltration, she is also adapted in stealth and combat, allowing her to hold her ground against stronger opponents.
- Unnamed Bow: Filimøs' primary weapon; it allows her to fire an arrow that she enhances with wind magic, allowing them to easily blow a hole through someone's head.
Titles & Skills
- Student Roster: Her unique skill as a reincarnation; it tells her basic information about each of her reincarnated students: their place of birth, their health, and predictions when they will die. However, the skill comes with the proviso of her not being allowed to talk about it with her students.
- Telepathy: Allows her to communicate with others through their minds.
- Ruler Skill: She has, yet to be revealed, Ruler Skill. Part of being a ruler allows her to freely interact with the System, allowing her to, for example, remove someone else's skills. It has the ability to for an entity in the ownership of a specific skill. Resulting in the ability to locate someone using their unique skill composition. However, this skill comes with some penalties as well. After stripping of someone skills and stats, Oka herself loses some of her EXP and is weakened to the point that she enters into a coma like state until she recovers.
- Wind Magic: Allows her to summon and manipulate wind.
- Dragon Wind:
- Elf Physiology: As an elf, she ages slower and has a longer lifespan than most humanoid beings. However, this also comes with the danger of her remaining a child longer.
|Volume 5-O1: The Battle of the Elf Village: Because I'm Their Teacher|
|Elf||LV1||Skill Points: 50,000||Filimøs Harrifenas|
|Average Offense Ability :||8|
|Average Defense Ability :||8|
|Average Magic Ability :||8|
|Average Resistance Ability :||8|
|Average Speed Ability :||8|
|Student Roster • Telepathy LV1 • n% I = W|
- According to D, Filimøs has the smallest chest in the series. Ariel and Sue are second and third place respectively.
- According to D, she tampered with Filimøs's Student Roster information somewhat.
- Due to Potimas having used his genetics in creating his human/animal hybrids, Filimøs technically related to some of the most powerful beings in the world, some of whom are the progenitors of entire races.
Please ask for permission and properly accredit fanart before posting
|Reincarnations||Kumoko • Shun • Katia • Fei • Filimøs • Yuri • Hugo • Sajin • Ogi • Kunihiko • Asaka • Sophia • Wrath|
|Natives||Ariel • Meiges • Julius • Cylis • Ronandt • Sue • Potimas • Merazophis • Ael • Sael • Riel • Fiel • Hyrince • Yaana • Jeskan • Hawkin • Aurel • Dustin • Balto • Bloe • Agner • Felmina • Anna • Klevea • Wald • Sanatoria • Kogou • Huey • Darad • Buirimus • Goyef • Basgath|
|Gods||Güliedistodiez • Shiraori • Sariel • D • Meido|