Warning: Exploring this aspect of the So I'm a Spider, So What? Wiki contains heavy spoilers.
Filimøs Harrifenas, previously Okazaki Kanami (岡崎香奈美), is the former homeroom teacher of the class that was reincarnated from Japan. She herself was reborn as the daughter of Potimas Harrifenas, the ruler of elves, and gifted with a unique skill that helps her identify reincarnations, which she has been using to search the world for her students.
Okazaki Kanami was characterised by her petite short figure and her twin ponytails. In the anime, she is often sported wearing a white frilly jacket, a below the knee length maroon coloured skirt and half frame glasses.
Filimøs, being a young elf, has a slim body with a child-like appearance. She has blond hair arranged as twintails. Filimøs eyes are blue giving her the complete appearance of a classic elf. When someone talks about her small body, Filimøs said that it is because hasn't enter to her puberty and someday she's going to have a growth spurt without knowing that elves tend to have small and slender bodies.
Even before the reincarnation Okazaki-sensei (Filimøs) was known for her weird manner of speech the same she still use after the reincarnation. Being a teacher was her childhood dream, and to do that she searched for things that were popular among the students (videogames, manga, etc) and created a likeable character for herself based on that. Filimøs deeply cares for her students, and even after reincarnation she works hard to keep them safe. This is seen where she greatly lamented their safety in their new situation, this is seen where she was greatly distressed upon seeing their potential deaths using her bonus skill [Student Roster].
As seen in her inner thoughts, Oka has admitted to not being that strong of a person and was not able to completely abandon her previous life and start over anew in her new one. This has lead her to cling to her previous identity as a teacher and prioritize the safety of her students above all others.This along with the negative impacts of her unique skill's ability to see the potential deaths of her students has lead her to think that she was solely responsible for them and their wellbeing, this has lead her to unconsciously think that only she knows what is best for them regardless of their own choices and free will. This is seen in her approach to have the elves collect the reincarnates and forcibly confine them in the Elf Village when they were too young to do anything about it and justify that she was in the right and that is was better than leaving them to care for themselves in the hazards of the new world. Later, as seen in the cases with Sophia and Wrath, Oka has also showed that she was unable to understand or even attempt to understand their reasoning for refusing her offer to "protect" them (albeit it can be noted that she was also being influenced by the Elves to refuse to understand them). And in the case of how she attempted to "help" Hugo regain his "humanity", Oka herself tends to acts on based on what she thinks is right without really trying to understand the situation, as seen where she had foolishly believed that removing his skills and stats would have a positive effect on his mind despite knowing of his personality both before and after reincarnation.
Due to the elves having raised her, Oka also possess a level of ingrained antagonism towards the Administrators through her indoctrination since reincarnation. Albeit due to her already having a fully developed mind and having doubts about the elves, Oka's own hostility is much less and she herself doubts the truthfulness of the elves beliefs.
However due to her inability and refusal to understand the reasoning of Wrath and Sophia of assisting the Administrators, Oka herself regards them with hostility due to her likely unconscious desire to validate her own actions as good and being in the right when she was working with the elves.
After Elf Village Battle during the conference between reincarnators and learning the truth from Wakaba about Potimas and the Elves. She broke down in tears and start hyperventilating upon realization all her action where all for naught.
Before the mysterious explosion, Okazaki Kanami was the bubbly and kind Japanese homeroom teacher from Heishi High School. Well versed in pop culture and other media that might seem popular to the students she is teaching.
Filimøs was reincarnated on Elf Village as Potimas Harrifenas' daughter. One of her first actions was learn Telepathy to speak with her father and told him everything, Potimas accepted to give her all the help she needed to find the students. After several years Filimøs went to the Kingdom of Analeit to meet with 3 students Shunsuke Yamada, Ooshima Kanata and Shinohara Mirei, and offers them the chance to go with her to the academy.
- Due to being raised by the Elves and being ignorant of the true state of the world, Filimøs believes the Administrators who handle the System to be malignant god-like beings who see the people of the world as means to siphon more power for themselves. However, it seems evident that she herself does not completely believe this story due to her growing distrust toward the elves even more so when she learned the truth from Wakaba.
- Hugo Baint von Renxandt
- Ms. Oka has shown to greatly care for Hugo the same as all of her other students and has made efforts to help control his arrogant behavior and lamented her inability to properly help to stop him as he gradually began going out of control. However, despite her good intentions, it is evident that Oka herself did not have a good understanding of Hugo as a person and thus despite her attempts at helping him was with good intentions, she nonetheless only ended up worsening Hugo's megalomania and her attempts to get him to "regain" his humanity only ended causing him to develop a deep grudge and intense hatred for her. As seen during the Elf Village Battle, Oka herself has steeled herself at her perceived "duty" as his teacher to kill Hugo to end his tyranny. During their battle against each other, Oka was shown to have been deeply horrified and surprised by the sheer volume of his actions to regain his strength after having initially stripped him of his skills and stats after he revealed his Lust and Greed Skills, particularly of how he rebuilt and actually increased his initial power through excessive usage of the Greed Skill.
- Sophia Keren
- The fact that Sophia choose to side with the Administrators torments her. When Sophia was "taken hostage" by the Demon Lord, Ms. Oka attempted to "save" her, only for her to not recognize her and attack her due to past with the elves. Over the years, Ms. Oka seems to have mostly given up on Sophia and now considers her an enemy. During the Elf Village Battle, Oka was shown to primarily refer to Sophia by her old name with the "-chan" suffix, showing that she still has a level of attachment to her.
- She tried to bring him to the elf's village multiple times but ultimately failed as Wrath himself knows the truth behind the elf's motive. Like Sophia, Filimos was shown to be greatly tormented and confused by Wrath's actions due to her ignorance of the state of the world. Upon encountering him again in the Elf Village, Filimos was shown to regard him as an enemy.
- Wakaba Hiiro
- Wakaba was one of Ms. Oka's students during their first life. While Filimøs travelled the world in search for her formers students, she seemingly did not even try to look for Wakaba's reincarnation since her Student Roster skill told her that she had already died.
- Because of this, when Wakaba confronted her and Shun's party at the climax of the Elf Village Battle, Ms. Oka was shocked to discover that she was still alive. During the conference between reincarnators and learning the truth from Wakaba, she starts hyperventilating and having a full blown nervous breakdown upon learning the truth regarding the elves, but Wakaba manage to calm her down using her Evil Eyes then afterwards tried to cheer her up.
- Schlain "Shun" Zagan Analeit
- Schlain is one of the Reincarnations and one of Oka's students. Like all her students, Filimos greatly cares about him and tries to guide and help him as much as she can. Schlain in turn has shown to greatly care about her and generally gives her the benefit of the doubt regarding her explanations and words.
- Karnatia "Katia" Seri Anabald
- Like all Reincarnations, Filimøs cares for Karnatia and tries to protect her with the best of her abilities as her duty as their former teacher. Karnatia in turn has shown to be in a more or less amicable with her former teacher and refers to her in her previous name as "Oka" during their time in the Academy. However, as seen in their interactions regarding Filimøs's actions and secrets, Karnatia herself is shown to not trust Filimøs much. This is seen where unlike Schlain, who gives her the benefit of the doubt, Karnatia herself holds many suspicions regarding Oka, and questions her and her intentions internally.
- Elf Village Reincarnations
- Upon reincarnating and seeing the possible deaths of her former students using her unique skill, Oka immediately set out to her work to "save" her former students by working together with the Elves to bring them under protection by having them be brought to the elf village, successful acquiring eleven of them. However despite her good intentions to "protect" them, Oka herself in the end may have caused more harm than good due to the Elves using various, primarily murderous and illegal methods to obtain the Reincarnates. This is seen where it was implied and later confirmed that the Elves may have personally killed the reincarnations' new families to abduct them, bought them from slavery upon pressuring their family's to give them up and even outright kidnapped them while they were infants and in some cases, even kill their new families first. Furthermore in order hide their tracks, the Elves also created a global child trafficking organization that is responsible for the large scale child trafficking operations that spanned the entire world to camouflage their operation to obtain the reincarnates. And unknowingly to Oka herself, she may have even caused some of the reincarnations to die themselves due to the Elves having killed or attempted to kill a few of them due to their unique skills and abilities being a danger to Potimas. And upon them being brought to the Elf village, raised in total isolation, forced to live under the constant watch and their movements and activities monitored and limited by the elves, many of them ended up resenting and even outright hating her.
- This is seen where many of the reincarnations make a point of stating and showing their dissatisfaction for their situation and express their active distrust and anger of her whenever she visits them in their isolated village. Oka herself has stated that she feels guilt for having forced them into this situation, but validates her actions of forcibly keeping them confined in the village was much better than allowing them to fend for themselves in the New World and believes that it was for their own good.
- Sachi Kudo
- Due to the suspicious circumstances of how the Reincarnates were brought to the Elf Village, Sachi herself personally disliked Oka despite her good intentions and considers herself and the other reincarnations as victims of kidnapping. As seen in their interactions, Sachi herself makes a point of making her hostility and dislike for her known, with Filimøs herself not bothering to defend herself due to Sachi being technically right to suspect the Elves of something malignant and she herself knowing that they used malignant means to abduct the reincarnates.
- Filimøs is respected by the other elves simply due to being a direct offspring of their patriarch. In turn, she is grateful to them for helping her secure her students. However, it is evident that Filimøs herself does not fully trust the elves due to their arrogant disposition towards other races. She also remains oblivious to the fact that they killed those they deemed to be too dangerous.
- During operations, the Elves are shown to see Filimos as a leader, as seen where they generally follow her commands when they are assigned to her in teams and during the Empire's invasion of the Elf Village, Filimos was shown to have lead the defending forces. However it has been shown that they only do so due to her status as Potimas's daughter and nothing more. After Learning the truth about the elves, she regretted siding them.
- Potimas Harrifenas
- As his daughter, Oka knows Potimas well enough to know that he wouldn't save the lives of the reincarnations out of kindness. She says that they never really had a familial relationship, and simply use each other. However, she remains ignorant to the true depths of his megalomania and was oblivious to his manipulations of her. After learning the truth about him, she start regretting about being reincarnated as his daughter.
Powers & Abilities
As an elf, Filimøs displays a high aptitude towards magic. Using her knowledge of fantasy novels from her past life and her matured mentality from being an adult, she display a high competency and flexibility when using magic. Furthermore, due to her experience working with her fellow elves in infiltration, she is also adapted in stealth and combat, allowing her to hold her ground against stronger opponents.
- Unnamed Bow: Filimøs' primary weapon; it allows her to fire arrow that she enhances with wind magic, allowing them to easily blow a hole through someone's head.
Titles & Skills
- Student Roster: Her unique skill as an reincarnation; it tells her basic information about each of her reincarnated students: their place of birth, their health, and predictions when they will die. However, the skill comes with the proviso of her not being allowed to talk about it with her students.
- Telepathy: Allows her to communicate with others through their minds.
- Ruler Skill: She has an, as of yet, unrevealed Ruler Skill. Part of being a ruler allows her to freely interact with the System, allowing her to, for example, remove someone else's skills.It has the ability to search a specific skill that a living thing has. It is revealed that if she knows someone's skill composition, then she is sure that the location of the person in question can be known using this skill. However, this skill was also stated to come with some penalties as well, upon her stripping someone skills and stats, Oka herself loses some of her own EX and is weakened to the point that she enters into a coma like state until she recovers.
- Wind Magic: Allows her to summon and manipulate wind.
- Dragon Wind:
- Elf Physiology: As an elf, she ages slower and has a longer lifespan than most humanoid beings. However, this also comes with the caveat of her remaining a child longer.
|Volume 5-O1: The Battle of the Elf Village: Because I'm Their Teacher|
|Elf||LV1||Skill Points: 50,000||Filimøs Harrifenas|
|Average Offense Ability :||8|
|Average Defense Ability :||8|
|Average Magic Ability :||8|
|Average Resistance Ability :||8|
|Average Speed Ability :||8|
|Student Roster • Telepathy LV1 • n% I = W|
- According to D, Filimøs has the smallest chest in the series. Ariel and Sue are second and third place respectively.
- According to D, she tampered with Filimøs's Student Roster information somewhat.
- Due to Potimas having used his genetics in creating his human/animal hybrids, Filimøs technically related to some of the most powerful beings in the world, some of whom are the progenitors of entire races.
Please ask for permission and properly accredit fanart before posting
|Reincarnations||Kumoko • Shun • Katia • Fei • Filimøs • Yuri • Hugo • Sajin • Ogi • Kunihiko • Asaka • Sophia • Wrath|
|Natives||Ariel • Meiges • Julius • Cylis • Ronandt • Sue • Potimas • Merazophis • Ael • Sael • Riel • Fiel • Hyrince • Yaana • Jeskan • Hawkin • Aurel • Dustin • Balto • Bloe • Agner • Felmina • Anna • Klevea • Wald • Sanatoria • Kogou • Huey • Darad • Buirimus • Goyef • Basgath|
|Gods||Güliedistodiez • Shiraori • Sariel • D • Meido|